[Bluej-discuss] Unable to create virtual machine

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Wed Oct 20 02:46:19 EST 2004

My students just started using BlueJ today. Well, they tried to. It
runs fine for me as an Administrator, but they keep getting "Unable to
create virtual machine" messages that kill the whole program. Since I
don't think the TCP/IP settings are different for the two types of
accounts, it seems like the FAQ version of the problem is not the
problem. (Though I guess it could be. Can somebody tell me how to
check? We're not using a firewall.)

The machines are fairly locked down so that students can't run programs
except in specified directories. Which ones need to be open for BlueJ
to work?

Thanks,
Todd

P.S. Please help quickly. I had to threaten them and let them log in as
an Administrator or waste the whole period.